NF Home theatre Help!!!!!!

GNODDY

Ok its a Samsung LN-T4042H TV and a Samsung HT-X-40 Home Theatre system. The Tv sound works but I can't get any sound out of the home theatre. I have a Digital Audio cable coming off my Expressvu into my Home theatre and a S cable going from my Expressvu to my TV. Also the only way to get picture on the TV is to have a co ax from the expressvu to the tv. The light on my Expressvu digital spot is red but the Home theatre is not

I dunno its very hard to explain this on a Computer :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Ok its a Samsung LN-T4042H TV and a Samsung HT-X-40 Home Theatre system. The Tv sound works but I can't get any sound out of the home theatre. I have a Digital Audio cable coming off my Expressvu into my Home theatre and a S cable going from my Expressvu to my TV. Also the only way to get picture on the TV is to have a co ax from the expressvu to the tv. The light on my Expressvu digital spot is red but the Home theatre is not

I dunno its very hard to explain this on a Computer :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

make sure your audio out is set for digital on the express view box.. dunno bout the ht-x40 but see if you have to assign the audio channel to the dig. coax input..

http://www.triadtwcable.com/custserv/user-...heater_HDTV.pdf

read your TV and home theatre instructions. Use the link as another aid. Double check your hookups.

Now the important part. In your TV Menu you have to set it up for DTS or Digital or HD. The same with your home theatre. READ and WORK the TV and Home theatre MENUs

http://www.triadtwcable.com/custserv/user-...heater_HDTV.pdf

read your TV and home theatre instructions. Use the link as another aid. Double check your hookups.

Now the important part. In your TV Menu you have to set it up for DTS or Digital or HD. The same with your home theatre. READ and WORK the TV and Home theatre MENUs

Sorryu better link http://www.triadtwcable.com/custserv/hookups.htm

Repeat what others have posted about ensuring the correct audio input is select with the X-40 receiver menu.

Above is almost always the prob, output or input not properly selected-but I have seen this:

Which model ExpressVu box....does it have a choice on sound output? Some ird's have no choice to select output but only output sound through one cable at a time. Either one output has priority and overides other output or whichever is plugged in first outputs sound. Disconnect cable to tv, then plug cable for sound system into the ird....you may need to reboot the ird.

As others have stated, digital (optical) has to be selected on both the sat reciever and home theatre. You might want to hook up regular audio cables also, I experience loss of digital sound from the sat reciever once in a while, switch over to analog, and it's working fine. Damn Bell. LOL

Edited by Deano