Lighthouse Park

brandon

In the summer while hiking at Cypress Provincial Park, I ended up at this place called Eagle Bluff. From this Bluff you can see all of North Van, West Van, and Vancouver, as well as Bowen Island and Howe Sound. Aside from all those lovely views I also noticed a lighthouse in West Van. I had forgotten about it until last night when I was checking out Google Maps for a place to take pics today. With a 60% chance of rain, taking pictures anywhere was a gamble but with an overcast sky that said "take HDR photos of me", how could I not take the chance of getting wet? Rain was on and off during the 45 minute drive to Lighthouse Park but it held off for almost the entire time I was there. The Lighthouse itself was fenced in so my hopes of getting a photo from the base of it straight up towards the clouds was out of the question so I had to make do with what I had. The actual lighthouse lookout offered a sub-par view of it but still made for a decent photo to start the day....

001_2_3_tonemappedresize-1.jpg

After the lookout I wanted to see if there were any other trails that followed the shoreline and might offer a better view....East Beach Trail was my first attempt at a better photo op of the lighthouse....

016_7_8_tonemappedresize-1.jpg

Still not what I was hoping for. I started to wonder if I drove all this way for just a few peeks through the trees at this lighthouse. Before returning back to the main trail I took one more photo from East Beach Trail facing north towards West Van....

031_2_3_tonemappedresize-2.jpg

After taking a look at an information board with the park map on it, I decided to try West Beach Trail for a better glance of the somewhat elusive lighthouse....

Bingo. This is more of the view I had in mind. These two photos are from the same spot but just composed differently.....personally I prefer the second photo.

076_7_8_tonemappedresize.jpg

079And2More_tonemappedresize-1.jpg

Continuing west on West Beach Trail I came to another rocky outcrop and snapped one final photo of the lighthouse and went a little extreme with the HDR....

103_4_5_tonemappedresize-1.jpg

Thanks for reading....

Edited by brandon