Mustang Float Suits - NF

ccmtcanada

If you plan on wearing it in the boat, make sure it meets the coast guard requirements. Not all (if any) of the ice rider suits do. I know that mine doesn't so I have to have lifejacket on board as well. It keeps me warm enough, never been cold actually, and it will keep me a float. I bought mine for sledding but do wear it fishing all the time.

edit - I'm wearing mine in my avatar. :)

Edited by fishnsled

Yes Cliff that does sound like a great deal not to pass up.I have seen the ice rider suits they appear to be good quality.

I myself have the mustang Bomber Jacket which I find warm.No hood though.First time I went to the BOQ in November I had the bomber jacket

with a good pair of snow pants every time I bent over I got the wind up my back.

I purchased the mustang Integrity and I am very pleased with it .Just don't make the mistake I made and buy a YELLOW SUIT because many OFC ER'S have names for me in my suit lol :canadian: .All I wear underneath is a good pair of pants and a fleece pullover with a hood.

The hood alone is super warm.Oh and farting in a one piece is second to none warms up in an instant right out the back of your neck.

Save your money until next year Percher is lending you some suits so why don't you wait and buy what you need later.I can lend you the bomber jacket if you want.

Good luck on your purchase :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

I just bought a new Helly Hanson one piece but have not used it yet. I figure I will give it a go if it is cold this Sunday. I did have a two piece but found that the jacket rode up into my face everytime I would sit down. It was convenient when I got warm though, just to take the jacket off but I wanted the full suit because I am going to be on the water in Quinte almost every week until ice up and want to be safe. If you are planning on being out in your boat for the fall, I dont see why you cant wear those if you have life jackets. Especially for that price, why not? Save yourself some cash.

are the helly hansens coast guard approved now? i don't think they were for a while.

the suspenders are a nice feature on the 1pc. i wish my mustang had them.

whichever way you do decide to go, go for one size larger to leave room underneath for layering up in cold weather.

Raf (I think)

My HH suit is approved. I had a picture of the inside of teh suit, but can't seem to find it.

Anyways, I'm not sure whether they all are, but mine is. Honestly, I would probably bring my life jacket with me anyways on a boat.