Lower Grand this morning

pikehunter

Had some time to do a little fishing today and hooked up the boat and off to the Grand. The BBQ ramp has been taped off for repairs and is unusable and all the docks at the other ramps have been pulled out making solo launching a bit of a challenge but I managed just fine.

Tried fishing the dam for a while and then trolled down to my usual places. Had a couple of delicate light nibbles but that was all. Guess that what was a sure bet for tackle in the first half of the season just won't do the trick in the fall. There were plenty of minnows jumping out of the water fleeing from bigger fish so at least I had some entertainment.

It was a perfect November day with clear skies, light breeze and fairly mild temps so the day was not a complete write off. The water surface temp has started to drop and was down to 50 - 52 degrees.

It was just nice to be out there and take it in before winter takes hold of the weather.

Good luck to all who are entering the Walleye tournament tomorrow. :Gonefishing:

Hey you gave it a shot!

I find at this time of year the only ways to get them are bottom bouncing worm harnesses super slow and bottom bouncing Rapala J-9's. Jigging can produce if you happen to fall on a school but otherwise movement is the key.

God I wish I could get out there but things look bleak.