Finally New Camera............

G-loomis

well I suckered myself in purchasing a new underwater camera for the hard water season, I was going to go with an atlantis sportscam #2 but I stuck with a Aqua-Vu scout, like the one in the pic, just curious how much you paid for yours.... and can you give me any feedback if this camera was a good buy or bad, and some good features about it......

THANKS BRAD

ca.jpg

I got the same one with the 100' cable for $269 brand new, not a refurb. So far I'm happy with it, used it a number of times in Simcoe at the Centennial Park area for perch fishing this fall. It really lets you try out all sorts of different action to get the Perch to bite, little jiggy, longer sweeps, whatever it takes. To be carfule with the cable, I had the cable slid through a piece of 1/4" split wire loom to keep it from rubbing on the side of the boat. Ice fishing last winter was okay too, but I'm going to make or buy a small tripod for the camera to sit close to the bottom and keep it in the direction I want. Lastly, I'm just about done painting the wooden box for it, keep it from getting slammed around. I'll put a bit of foam in there for cushioning.

Hey with this camera do you guys know if uyou can record the images you are capturing? I guess they would only be useful when fishing in water that is not murky. Simcoe would be great with all the visibility they have in that lake.