Chubbin' It - Continued Adventures on the MIGHTY LYNN!

Sugarpacket

BBR and I decided today (in October) that we'd go work on our sunburns so we headed out to the MIGHTY LYNN, once again. Today's special baits were rotten corn, hardened doughballs, and worms from a vending machine. BBR was going to show me how to use his float rod/reel but as soon as I tried, our son came a callin'. So after making about 3 bird's nests I gave up and went back to my ultra light reel which had it's last voyage before being put into retirement. After several hits, I finally snagged into what I thought would be the prize of the day. I mean anything that hits on rotten corn has to be a prized species, right? After a drawn out battle I finally subdued this PB chub to the shoreline.

DSC00571.jpg

BBR's fabled attempts to utilize Sugarpacket tactics failed, so he switched over to the centerpin and float fished some worms downstream. It wasn't long before he was into the pure power of yet another monster chub.

DSC00573.jpg

He actually caught 2 of them out of the same hole. WOW!

Several missed hits and lots of time tending to our son and we had to pack it in so BBR could go to work. With a final burst of energy BBR wadded his float back into the chub zone and brought in a spry goby. No pictures though, he was much too concerned about placing this fish where it belonged (the garbage can).

You can tell that the seasons are changing as the fish action is depleting, but it was still a good time to retire in the old Shakespeare reel and learn to use a float rod (maybe I need some more practice with that ;) )

Good job Sugar, if you're anything like my wife you will be showing him how to use his float reel in no time...lol. Good to hear you getting the little guy out for some of this awesome fall weather too. Are you sure you want to retire the ultralight so soon? Tis lots of fishing yet before the snow flies...lol. Keep up the good fishing reports you guys. BBR be careful what you teach her, women tend to kick our donkeyes when you learn them how to do it...lol. :lol: