Water temp still too warm for Salmon

bassfighter

I was using my summer vinyl waders and can feel the water starts to get colder this week in comparison to the water temp from two weeks ago. The water temp has not reach the max desired temperature for the fish to spawn; the salmon are still staging and have not fully come in to spawn. I normally used my Neoprene waders this time of the year and my foot would have been frozen after one hour of fishing with them, but I am still using my summer waders and my feet still can last for more than 3 hours on the water.

I lost the second even larger one when it bent my hook after pulling 100ft off my line. The first female one fought hard as well. I have to use my hand to add controllable drag to my reel, to fight the fish and the technique works well than just using the simple drag on the reel. Both are fresh that came in from previous day's rain.

The weather was cooler at 10:00pm when we arrived and got warmer by 1:00am when we left, that was when the fish seemed to shut off. A warm front came in on monday

I always release my catch, the advantage of having the wader is I can completely revive the fish before releasing it, many would have died by just dropping the fish upside down back into the water.

Caught it with glow home made lures. The glow powder that claimed to last for hours came from Ebay, and it works great. I still have to shine my black light on it every so often, but it sure glows shiner than any glow spoon. Slow retrieve is the key!

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd294/b..._album/OCt7.jpg

Another angler "Sharper" helped me take this picture.

HAPPY THANKGIVING TO ALL OF YOU!