Got schooled by my 6 yr old

FISHINGNUT

Saturday my son 6 and daughter 12 decided they wanted do some fishing.They wanted to take the boat out but I wasnt sure of the weather and at 11am I wasnt in the mood to drag my boat to a lake and fight the crowds at the boat launch . We decided to try the Conastoga river .It was perfect overcast conditions my daughter started with a tube and I started with a chugger.My son is a senko fanatic I got him hooked on them the last 2 summers at the cottage.I now they work well in the lake but I have never used them in the river.I never tell them what to use they have all there own tackle so they decide what to use .So he goes to his fav colour rootbeer with black fleck,my first cast with the chugger swirl and a miss so my son casts his senko right behind the swirl and bang his PB smallie just over 19" and topped the digital scale at 4.8 lbs not bad for a river smallie and a 6 yr old :worthy: .My daughter caught a couple smaller ones on her tube then decided to sit and read her book.I managed to pick up 6 using my chugger all small :glare: and my son picked up 18 bass in an hour and a half using rootbeer ,and of all colours black and yellow senkos his smallest bass was 14",I would have never thought to use a senko in a current situation but it sure paid off for my son.Wish I had taken my camera but I didnt expect such a good outing.Might head out today with him for a while on the grand before the family shows up for turkey.He already refilled the senkos in his tackle box because he lost a few yesterday and I put a few in my river tackle bag just in case too. :blush: