boat launch at Port Severn/Waubaushene?

ilario

Hi folks,

Can someone recommend a decent launch out of these two locations? the one i'm familiar with is Musky landing.. is there another one under the bridge at waubaushene? I recall there were a few more in the Severn Sound area.. Are there any free ones?

thanks!

there is a free one in Victoria Harbour that is a little shallow, after I launch I use the trolling motor to get me to deeper water , i have a 18 foot fiberglass with a shallow draft

Edited by mikeh

Guest gbfisher

not many good things in this life come "FOR FREE" as specially a good launch.

Pay the 20 for the simple reason that they have it available to the public.. :thumbsup_anim:

Pete Petersen Park has free launching in Midland but out of towner's need to find a place to park vehicle & trailer or be fined. Water at Petersen park has been having it's ups and downs and might cause some problems launching depending on the size of your boat. Bay Port Marina has the parking area but that is not free.

Penetang has launching and parking at a cost.

As Mikeh says Town dock at Victoria Harbour is always a chore because you never know if you are going to have enough water. It is free. Worth a try anyway.

Anywhere around Waubaushene that has launching will cost you.

Tom.

$20.00 bucks??? WOW !!!!!

I also would say it is a rip off. I have a stupid question. Is that for in and out? Or would that be $40.00 for launch and haul out?

If you can change your plans, go to Sugarloaf Marina in Port Colborne on Lake Erie. You will be able to catch pike, bass and perch if the temperature is cool enough.

There are 2 very good launch ramps and the parking is free. The cost is $10.00 in total. In the string and summer there are usually over 50 boats going out - maybe ever over 100. Once it gets to be a lot of boats, it was difficult to guess the number.

And the water is deep. I know because I had a slip for 4 years down there. My 32 1/2 foot boat had to be put in and taken out every year.

It might even end up being free for you. I think that there will be no one to collect money but there might be a sign asking you to pay at the offce. But after this long week-end, the office may be closed.

carp-starter

Guest gbfisher

10 bucks in and 10 out sounds like a nominal fee to pay specially when it covers parking as well. Far from a "RIP OFF" and if that's what ya have to pay in order to fish....it's simple!!...you can't catch fish from the couch. Not fishing Wab is the other alternative.

:Gonefishing:

Price in Penetanguishene is approximately about $19 & change for out of towners. Total price is for in, out and parking.

Even residents in Penetanguishene pay around $17 or $18 total for putting it in, taking it out and parking. No real saving there for us either.

I really don't know what you would have to pay for parking at Bayport Marina if you launch for free a Petersen Park. You could always phone them and ask what they charge for parking your vehicle and trailer.

Tom.

I just dropped by Pete Petererson. Water is fine...they were loading a 30 foot cruiser and the dock is still in. Parking is for Midland Residents with permit stickers only..but this is usually due to lack of space in summer. Don't imagine anyone is checking this time of year and I know Tinbanger even parked in the "no parking with trailers beyond this point" area last year without incident.

If you are worried...it is totally legal to go out and park on the side of Sunnyside Drive on the wide East dirt shoulder after you have launched your boat. There aren't any no parking signs along there.

Never got a ticket launching in midland. good ramp next to bay port. Free launch in coldwater but river is really shallow and along big chute road there is a launch along the north river. very shallow water in matchedash bay. be careful. i made it to port severn using these ramps on saturday, got caught in the storm in the middle of matchedah bay. scary site. as shallow as 2 ft at times, definetly cannot run from a storm in that water.

kris