Sickning...

dobee

Hey guys,

I know im beating a dead horse here but i went to Bronte last night (Rebecca St Bridge) just to look around, and i saw a BOAT in the santuary!!! a boat!!!! i talked to some people and they said they have been there for a few hours.... shortly after i arrived they left and headed back down the river... I cant believe what people are getting away with down there.. on top of that the snaggers down there is unreal! the first 4 people i walked past they had the tips of there rods in the water in the shallowist part of the river, when they got into a fish they had it snagged in the belly with a treble hook! ... they had it on shore long enough that they couldnt revive it, not that they tried they just tossed it back in... and the dead fish people toss up on shore and leave have that place smelling terrible... i couldnt stay there very long due to the wicked smell...

just a little rant...

That is why public fishing areas near private property require extra attention to maintain. Unfortunately, these sorts of people give all anglers a bad name and are usually the cause of public access points being closed to anglers. It sucks to have to pick up after other irresponsible people, but I got tired of whining about how much trash there was when I was fishing down at Bronte.

CRAA will be doing a clean-up down at Petro Canada park in a couple of weeks, I am just waiting to hear back from Trout Unlimited's Ted Knott chapter and Halton's Field & Stream rescue before firming up a date, to see if we can combine resources to get a better turnout for the clean-up. Typically only about a dozen people show up and usually half of them are my non-fishing family & friends who I drag along to pick up trash. It would be awesome if we had 30-40 people and then we could cover the QEW access point as well as the Dundas St access point too.

Keep an eye out for the details of the clean-up day, I've already picked up gloves and garbage bags from the City of Oakville for the volunteers.

Tony

Sounds exactly like the annual carnage down at Red Bridge in Vineland/Jordan. Every fall during the run, scores of snaggers go down there and massacre hundreds of fish for their eggs. The shore gets littered with the gutted corpses of so many salmon that never had the chance to spawn the next generation. In my 20 odd years of fishing I have seen the numbers of fish in the fall run plummet in this area and I have to believe that the primary reason for this fall in numbers must be this activity. Where the hell are the authorities?

Sickening indeed.

I was down at Perto Can Park Saturday as well. I fished for about an hourm too many people there in one spot under the bridge to even bother trying to fish properly. Rotten carcacas everywhere. I took a walk around only to see dead MALES all over the place with their bellies cut.

These people don't even know how to tell the sex of the fish. Its getting worse and worse every year down there. i also saw 2 guys walk up into the santuary and start fishing.

l'm sorry but this is about all l can take. The mnr must be watching this web page if not then they should be. We are telling you people were they are and do you do anything. What do you want bus fair. After you people (mnr) take away there wheels you can drive them until they run out of gas. I have fished on the rivers at all the famous places and never seen the MNR. What the uniform to tight to walk in. Ever year l work with more and more restraints from my boss and l still do my job or is this just another goverment job to sit on your ass's. l know goverment employee's that work hard (10%) and the rest are just on the ride.Or why dont you hire me so l can do the job l will generate enough money to hire 20 more CO's. l have already hasseled every politition thats responsibe for my area Prov. and Fed. about the funding for the OMNR. Look if l offended anyone lm not sorry the fish are being abused, people are breaking the law and no one is doing anything. Whats the point of anyone talking about regulations or santuary when nothing will be done about it.

l am paying my tax's and paying for my fishing licence l have the right to complain.

Peace Ken

l'm sorry but this is about all l can take. The mnr must be watching this web page if not then they should be. We are telling you people were they are and do you do anything. What do you want bus fair. After you people (mnr) take away there wheels you can drive them until they run out of gas. I have fished on the rivers at all the famous places and never seen the MNR. What the uniform to tight to walk in. Ever year l work with more and more restraints from my boss and l still do my job or is this just another goverment job to sit on your ass's. l know goverment employee's that work hard (10%) and the rest are just on the ride.Or why dont you hire me so l can do the job l will generate enough money to hire 20 more CO's. l have already hasseled every politition thats responsibe for my area Prov. and Fed. about the funding for the OMNR. Look if l offended anyone lm not sorry the fish are being abused, people are breaking the law and no one is doing anything. Whats the point of anyone talking about regulations or santuary when nothing will be done about it.

l am paying my tax's and paying for my fishing licence l have the right to complain.

Peace Ken

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel! :lol:

I agree with you though. OUr money that we pay for licences is supposed to go back to the MNR. Where are the benefits? Where is the increase in conservation programs? Evry year they are making more from licences yet we see more cuts to service. Kind of makes you wonder where the money is going. Maybe the liberals are giving millions to cricket teams again :wallbash:

Guest Johnny Bass

I also heard a buddy of mine went fishing and the water levels were around a foot and there was a guy in the middle of the river with a net. He had already scooped 12 and was STILL fishing? Well they kicked all his fish in the water and sent him on his way but still. I'm sure this happens everywhere. I have even heard of people doing this to Pike in the rivers on Quinte....