Second night salmon fishing; second fish caught!

mooseroo

After getting skunked during a never-to-be-mentioned bass fishing trip on the weekend, we decided to make another run down to the piers last night. Good decision as we pulled in two salmon.

I caught the first smaller guy and Himti caught the larger one. Trusty Cleo does it again.

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/bin/slideshow.swf" width="400" height="267" flashvars="host=picasaweb.google.com&RGB=0x000000&feed=http%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Fdata%2Ffeed%2Fapi%2Fuser%2Fgreenjcs%2Falbumid%2F5114890725961828129%3Fkind%3Dphoto%26alt%3Drss%26authkey%3DBF5V7XvZK1U" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

Edited by mooseroo

Great report guys! Congrats on the ones you guys managed to land.

Toronto angler...funny you mention better hooksets...mine have been miserable lately...bly has been telling me for weeks to sharpen my hooks to increase the odds of proper hooksets, but I didn't listen...and lost more fish than I landed. She went out yesterday and bought a battery powered hook sharpener. My hooks were sharpened and first hit...fish landed. After I caught that one, the hooks were sharpened again....next hit, fish landed. Maybe, just maybe there is something about those sharp hooks....LOL. (not quite ready to admit she was right and I was wrong to her just yet.....haha)

You'll get into them again...we still have time to catch them!!!

Great report guys! Congrats on the ones you guys managed to land.

Toronto angler...funny you mention better hooksets...mine have been miserable lately...bly has been telling me for weeks to sharpen my hooks to increase the odds of proper hooksets, but I didn't listen...and lost more fish than I landed. She went out yesterday and bought a battery powered hook sharpener. My hooks were sharpened and first hit...fish landed. After I caught that one, the hooks were sharpened again....next hit, fish landed. Maybe, just maybe there is something about those sharp hooks....LOL. (not quite ready to admit she was right and I was wrong to her just yet.....haha)

You'll get into them again...we still have time to catch them!!!

LOL.

I was thinking of grabbing one of those battery powered ones. I have a rapala stone sharpener but have no idea how to use it and it looks like more trouble then it's worth :)

LOL.

I was thinking of grabbing one of those battery powered ones. I have a rapala stone sharpener but have no idea how to use it and it looks like more trouble then it's worth :)

That's my fault! I was at BPS a few weeks ago and you asked me to grab you one. They had one on sale and one at regular price but I thought the sale one looked too cheap. I guess I owe you a salmon from last night!

LOL.

Hey

On the cleos chagne the trebles all of mine have been changed and have not lost a fish yet.

Use the VMC Mustad, Gammys.

Jose