July vacation in New Brunswick (somehat fishing related)

huey graphite

Just a little delay in posting this report.

Spent last half of July in New Brunswick with the family visiting my brother-in-law and his family. His home is in Grand Bay overlooking the Saint John River. Here is a shot of the view we had.

med_gallery_183_209_13138.jpg

He arranged for a night of fishing at a secluded lake where his buddy has the only cottage. It is amazing just how much uninhabited land there is in the province.

To get there is an 8km ride accessible only by ATV and then a short boat ride to the cottage. I rode shotgun in a Yamaha Rhino. Could not believe how easily it overcame the rugged terrain. A tree right overtop of his cottage has a Bald Eagle nest with one adult and 2 juveniles.

We fished from about 6pm to dusk and boated about 6 smallmouth between us and a few chub. Missed another 5 or 6. We were casting into the weeds with body baits and most hits came right after they hit the water. It was fun to watch them break the surface. All fish were released.

med_gallery_183_209_19260.jpg

Would have liked to keep 1 or 2 but instead had an awesome steak dinner prepared for me.

Here is a view from the cottage.

med_gallery_183_209_8542.jpg

Fortunately the next day I had my craving for fish satisfied with this..........

med_gallery_183_209_34638.jpg

As always had a great time and my in-laws were wonderful hosts. One lifetime is too short to see all of this beautiful country of ours.