What yall think of this noodle rod?

urbanangler1990

hey guys im getting started in float fishing, i had a browning 10 6 UL rod before and i wanna upgrade to the OKUMA AVENTA FLOAT ROD - 15'6" Is this a fine rod for a starter? smaller easter tribs, and some western tribs are the spots for me, im wondering if the 15 6 is suitable for those kind of rivers?thinking of getting the aventa centre pin reel to go with, thnx

Edited by urbanangler

ALEX

Its a OK rod, but the 15:6 is a long rod, generally it would be better for rivers like the Saugeen, Niagra, any larger body of water, Plus being new to the sport it may be alittle hard to use. If you like the OKUMA line, try the 13:6... u will find it alot easier for smaller rivers like oshawa , bowmanville etc etc

Also for this dollor amount, you might be better off with the RAVEN MATRIX... $84-$98 for the OKUMA and $109. for the matrix...

Dave

Edited by DMASSE

hey guys im getting started in float fishing, i had a browning 10 6 UL rod before and i wanna upgrade to the OKUMA AVENTA FLOAT ROD - 15'6" Is this a fine rod for a starter? smaller easter tribs, and some western tribs are the spots for me, im wondering if the 15 6 is suitable for those kind of rivers?thinking of getting the aventa centre pin reel to go with, thnx

I catch all of my Steelhead on a 7 or 7 1/2 foot Cabelas Fish Eagle II rod. I wouldn't change it for the world.

I use a Cabelas spinning reel too. Awesome combo.