fishing this morning

fatherof3

Went down to try again this morning,Ethan actually woke me up to go.Got there,saw a bunch jumping and of course nothing biting.Here is a pic of Ethan keeping himself busy.

100_0552.jpg

After a while I cast to a different spot and got this one first cast.

100_0554.jpg

The next cast I get another one.When I reeled this one in I noticed its underside.Not sure what is wrong with it but Ethan thought it was pretty sick.

100_0556.jpg

100_0555.jpg

After that nothing else was biting so we left.

As for the reminder,I took the boys to the Credit River just to see what was going on.The water level is still pretty low but did see a few salmon trying to get upriver.This next pic reminded me of why I have decided to wait for a bit to try fishing a river.

100_0557.jpg

This was just one side of the hole.All told there must have been 30-40 anglers working this one hole.There were tangle ups a lot and no fish being hooked.Saw maybe 3 fish splashing and jumping around the hole but that was it.I don't know if I am getting old or what but standing that close to so many other people is not working for me this year.Anyway,we walked the river a bit,lots of guys fishing,1 fish caught but at least the scenery was nice.

100_0558.jpg

100_0559.jpg

Was a long day and the boys slept all the way back but was nice to get out and enjoy the weather.

i would like to see one of them hook a salmon and makes a killer run and tangle up all the lines :D

Exactly the reason why I avoid the circus. Only when it is October\November is when you see me out there and

have the river all to myself.

Jose :thumbsup_anim: