Went to Bronte Pier last night

sharper

Since I have been hearing good things about the pier, my friend and I decided to give it a try. Arrived at 5:30am and there was maybe a little under a dozen people there. One of the guys caught a salmon earlier as it was on display . Fish was jumping every so often so I was pretty excited to give it a go. First time doing this so I was using my 7' rapala medium action rod and tossing spoons (not glow in the dark). Didn't have a single bite or anyone else who was there. So at 10 we decided to call it quit and decided to head upriver. We spotted a few dead salmons and one live one that we tried to entice with our lure. Still a fun trip overall going to do it again sometime soon.

Edited by sharper

A lot of the salmon action is just getting started at 10pm. :blink: If you can take the change in sleeping habits, try staying out later and you might have some luck. I'm no expert (having just caught my first a week ago) but there definitely seems to be some more action the later you stay out.

You also have fewer folks with rods in the water the later it gets so there's a bit better chance that your spoon will be the one that gets the bite. :D