Another good day at the Lake.

Garry2Rs

Another beautiful day. The lake was as very calm when we reached the launch.

Boat_launch.JPG

Buck and I were late getting started, it was 12:30 before we reached our first spot. This was the same lake as yesterday, but we were checking out different locations. This morning I dug out a 3/8 ounce stand-up jighead that I wanted to try the craw/worm on. The bay where we started today is 1/2 way down the lake and very similar to yesterdays starting spot...It has the same sort of heavy weedbed in the center, and we worked around it with the crawworm and jig combination. Again we had lots of action from the Rockies but no keepers...

At the back of the weedbed I switched to the Curlytail on a small jig and caught a 14 inch LMBass on the first cast. This fish was just outside the west edge of the weeds. Continuing toward the rocky point at the mouth of the bay we picked up a SMBass of almost 19 inches on a 4" Wacky worm.

Almost_19.JPG

From here we turned the corner into an inlet that used to produce a musky every time we stopped there...well almost every time...grin.

Here's an old picture...

garry_Oct_20_2.jpg

I have caught Bass here before, but today only dinks and panfish were active. Moving clockwise I passed between the shore and the central weedbed...Suddenly a 3 foot musky burst from cover beside the boat...he must have felt trapped in the shallow water. He charged across in front of us, toward the weedbed...this caused a major panic amongst the resident panfish as they exploded in every direction including into the air to get out of his way...hahaha.

Leaving this part of the lake we returned to the spot where we quit yesterday and spent a couple of hours trying to perfect a way of catching Perch, without catching Sunfish...It was great fun on very light tackle and crappie size tubes, but I didn't perfect a way of being species specific today...grin.

Later we got two more 12 inch SMBass before calling it a day at about 6PM.

Garry2R's

Edited by garry2rs