Lucky Tackle in Scarborough?

jedimaster

Those crappie in the tank sure are huge. Lot's of them, they were caught in the kingston area. I think the big one is around 2-2 1/2lbs. There are also two largemouth bass. The big 6 lbs has been there a couple years now. One small walleye and no pike. Good question on your part if they have a permit or not. Do they need one or just permission from the mnr?

Far as I know to keep and trasport sportfish in Ontario you need permision from the MnR and Ministry of Oceans and FIsheries and need to be inspected regularly. Much like opening a zoo.

Not really any deals there nor do I care about them being legal or not, but if you wanna see some big @ss crappie they got a bunch in a tank. :)

Those crappie in the tank sure are huge. Lot's of them, they were caught in the kingston area. I think the big one is around 2-2 1/2lbs. There are also two largemouth bass. The big 6 lbs has been there a couple years now. One small walleye and no pike. Good question on your part if they have a permit or not. Do they need one or just permission from the mnr?

Do you know where? off shore or with boat? I'd be really interested :)

Yeah seen that tank as well. huge bass there. I wonder what they use for tank filtration, it looks very clean considering all those huge fish in there.

It is 100 percent Illegal to transport live gamefish in Canada without a special permit. You catch a Bass put it in your livewell and foget to kill it and empty your live well you are breaking the law.

There was a really really long thread about this topic on the other forum a while back.

To my recolection MnR rules state your not allowed to transport live gamefish(baitfish are fine as are other fish not classified as either). Department of Fisheries and Oceans require an inspection or something like that, and a special permit to keep native fish like a zoo permit.

So if you can transport your pet Rocky the rock bass to your house while its dead or get it there without transporting it than I think your ok.

So perhaps pay a stork to carry it in its mouth and drop it in your fish tank.

Edited by jedimaster

Here is a snippet from the MnR Website....

A licence is required to:

stock fish into Ontario waters

ship or transport live fish other than bait-fish taken from a waterbody;

transfer and deposit fish taken from one waterbody into another;

import leeches into Ontario for use as bait. Only the holder of a commercial bait licence may bring live leeches into Ontario for use as bait.