Crotch lake

HTHM

Finally I have been able to make up my mind.......Some may say how is that possible!, and decided to go to Crotch lake for my one <_< day fishing trip with my wife. Has anyone fished out of Tumblehome Lodge before? If so any advice?

All I am after is a good feed, pan fish, walleye, eel would be great! What bait should I use, or what lures and what area of the lake do I want to hit?

I know I am asking a lot, but just once i would like to have success.

Regards and tight lines

Albert

Well you are one of the few that I've ever heard say that Eel would would be good, I've eaten it too... and when properly prepared, it's delicious!

If you want a good feed of fish, it's much easier and a lot surer to go to the fish market. Going to a new lake for the first time is risky at best, unless you hire a guide.. which puts going to the fish market a lot cheaper. To be consistant, you have to fish a body of water regularly!

I've never fished Crotch Lake, but if I was you I would use live worms or Leeches on either a Lindy rig or a 1/8th-3/16th oz. jighead slowly drifted on or near bottom in 10-20' of water, near deeper water and sharp drop offs.

btw.. are there any Musky in Crotch lake? Or does it just smell that way?

Mount Hope to Crotch Lake for a one day fishing trip, wow! That wouldn't be my lake of choice for only a day. Kawartha's are much easier lakes to figure out then Crotch. Tumblehome Lodge should be able to help you as far as locations and presentations to try. Also if you go to Google Images search "crotch lake fishing maps" click on the first thumbnail picture you see. Good luck, hope to see a report.

GCD no muskie only pike!

Edited by Lostchild

Actually I am going to Ottawa for a 1.5 hr job, and will be using the "free time" for fishing. Ah; the joys of self-employment!

As to why I am going to Ottawa to do 1.5 hrs of work......call it client confidence. That is NOT a brag, they are just funny that way.

Tight lines

Albert