Few more Bear Pics

brandon

Same conditions today as yesterday so I figured chances of seeing a bear on Mt. Seymour again were pretty good. While hiking up I overheard there was one spotted near Mystery Lake (I think I've posted pics of it before) so I headed there first. Took me about 45 mins but I found him out in the berry patches. Here are a few pics and a shot of a flower I took too.

036resize-1.jpg

029resize-1.jpg

109resize.jpg

enjoy

More great shots Brandon. Wish there was somewhere close to home like that to spend my weekends and evenings.

You will have a great collection of Black Bear images by the year end.

Congrats and keep em coming.

Great pics again. It's bear hunting season here and my brother just got one.

"More great shots Brandon. Wish there was somewhere close to home like that to spend my weekends and evenings."

There is beauty everywhere, you just have to get out and see it. Ontario has some of the best wildlife and geographical features. Most people are unaware of the beauty just around them.

Deano... Don't get me wrong - you're right Ontario has many beautiful places. I have been fortunate enough in the three years I have been here to take numerous trips at weekends to see what the province has to offer in terms of wilderness and wildlife. I've been to Algonquin about 6 times, Killarney, St Lawrence, Killbear, French River, Georgian Bay, Awenda, Silent Lake, Restoule, Bruce Peninsula, Sandbanks among other places. I also plan to visit Bon Echo soon. I've been lucky enough to see lots of moose, deer, mink, a bear, a fisher, and many other species. What I meant by my comment was that it seems that Brandon has Mt Seymour Provincial Park on his doorstep where he can escape urban life, breath mountain air and see bears on a frequent basis close to home. By comparison if I wanted to do some wildlife photography, from my base here in Toronto - I would need to drive 3 hours to Algonquin or somewhere similar - where there is a very small chance of seeing a bear (I've spent many days in Algonquin and have yet to see a bear there) and though I love Algonquin - its scenery is not a match on the mountains of B.C and Alberta (in my opinion).

You're right about one thing though - a lot of Ontarians (if that's a word) do not know what beautiful places and animals they have here - most of the people in my office have never seen a moose let alone a bear, and most have never ventured as far as Algonquin! They find it hard to belive that every time I go to Algonquin in Spring I see dozens of moose.

I will certainly miss Ontario's wildlife and wilderness when I return to the UK where I will not have any of either cos all the land is developed, farmed and most wildlife hunted to extinction before Europeans even knew there was a place we now call Canada. The people of Ontario and Canada are lucky to have such a beautiful place to call home, and I hope it is looked after for future generations to enjoy!

Cheers

Edited by OO7