Salt Water Fishing And Smoking Fish

SIMCOEBOB

Hey everyone, nice new look here. we fished boston this past may outside boston...took our own boat. we caught a huge number of mackeral--It's ok fryed up--but I thought I might try smoking them.....not a good idea--they fall apart--does this happen with all salt water fish---because my fresh water fish are out of this world..any thoughts guys and girls//////we are heading ther in june next year for boston blue...it's a great cheap trip and the fishing ---great thanks simcoebob :Gonefishing:

I can't understand why they would fall apart, I buy the whole frozen ones, thaw them out, lightly salt them and keep them in the fridge overnight, trinse the next morning and directly into the smoker for 8-12 hours. I don't take the skin off or fillet them, they go in whole.

Verno your just too funny :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

Ok my post was that I have only salted the fish from the ocean.

We use to dry out the cod fillets on a mesh screen in the sun with lots of salt.Made for great fish cakes come the winter months. :thumbsup_anim:

Oh yeah,Simcoe Bob does make a great smoked white fish.Sampled,well devoured some at the Oro 7 G2G a couple years back.

BTW wheres that spell checky thingy?

Edited by misfish