Florida report

bassman

Just got in from my annual family trip to Indian Rocks Beach Florida.

As you will see from the photos, the fishing was incredible. I caught a monster snook from the beach, app. 36" and 15lbs. I also hired a local guide for my first attempt at tarpon fishing, and I now have a new favorite fish. This tarpon is app. 50-60lbs, a lightweight by FLA standards, but a monster in my eyes. Any words I put together will not express what an incredible experience tarpon fishing is. A give a lot of credit to the guide I used. His knowledge of the best fishing dates, tides, moon phases, feeding patterns, etc, ensured that we had the best odds at hooking into some of these prehistoric beasts.

Unfortunately, I mistakenly had the camera set on B&W for the tarpon photos. Oh well, I'll have to take some colour ones next year.

If you're ever in the Tampa/St.Pete's area, I'd be more than happy to put you in touch with the guide that I used.

Please feel free to PM me if you need more info.

Cheers!

snook_1.JPG

tarpon3.JPG

tarpon2.JPG

Edited by bassman

Guest Johnny Bass

They say Tarpon is the musky of salt water! Really great sportfish. Hope you get those fish pics up. The guides should be taking some video to capture the full experience!