Shappell Rover Ice Shelter

Handlebarz

Well for years I have been thinking of getting a shelter for myself on the river I see that I can pick this one up for $169 USD I was just wondering if anyone has tried them before? I like this model as I can set it up ad a wind break or a full shelter.

thanks fer your help mike

I'd reccomend a clam.

I don't have any personal experience with that model, but I know for sure that the clams are the cats meow......you pay for them, but you get what you pay for.

I have an eskimo 2 man, and its ok, but beside a clam it looks like a cheap piece of crap. Mine is heavy as hell, and a real job to pull by hand. Not bad behind the skidoo, but the sled is wearing out already, its only seen 2 seasons, and I hardly use it. I find it easier to just bear the cold and fish without it.

Buy the clam, and your done. It will last longer, and be easier to set up on those cold windy days.

Sinker

Guest mistyriver1

Mike, you're really anxious for ice fishing season eh !!

I bought the Clam 2000 hut last year and love it. I actually got it at the BPS Boxing Day sale for $199 Cdn. I think they were $100 off. It's nice and light to pull and the material is good sturdy stuff, easy to set up as well.

http://www.the-clam.com/clam_2000.html

Here's a pic from Simcoe last year...

108_0792.jpg

Edited by mistyriver1

I have read about it just wondered what the quality was like.

I have looked at the Clams but only need a wind break and slead for my self this one was just a bounus for the price I can get it for so I thought I would ask its only 40 lbs I think

Jim I can wait for it but I have found a couple deals and each year I say I will get this stuff before the season when the prices are a little better heck Musky season is just getting ready to heat up here.

I thought of a couple things like that but I move around alot on the river so I like the idea of the sled for the jiffy and the quick ness of the pop up.

Heck knowing myself I will be back to just my bucket for minnows and another for my rods with half lid for my arse and bare the wind it does not get that cold here in Chatham for the most part.

Jim things were lookin great last week then they shut down after the big storm's I know we will have alot of action soon will let ya know when it gets hot. I will be gone to the Sudbury MCI outting Sept 15th weekend after that this look free so you guys are welcome here forshure.