Fishing Camp/Lodge Reviews

El Daveo

Hello all. I am just wondering if anyone knows a website or forum that has a good number of reviews for Ontario fishing lodges. I'm looking for a new spot for my annual trip up north but I would much rather go somewhere that comes highly recommended by those who have been there rather than taking my chances on what their brochure or website has to say. But I am not having any luck finding such a place online.

I would also be interested in opinions from anyone here if you know of a good place. It is deeply important to me that I pick a good spot where a group of 6 guys can relax & have a good time in a clean respectable cabin, have some great walleye fishing that isn’t hard work, be made to feel welcome by hospitable owners, and fish from boats that are safe and which have reliable motors. When we find these things that we are looking for at a place that can accommodate our availability, we plan to return every year for many, many years.

But where?

Anyone?

I will vouch for Lakair.The owners are very nice,the cabins are clean and the boats and motors reliable.The fishing can be great and it can be slow.If you are going to fish the "Near North"you can not expect to catch them like a remote fly in trip.The fish see a fair amount of pressure but are catchable.Best of luck!

Joe