Road Trip Carping - Aug 14-17

MJL

Uncle Buck even managed a 10lb Round Goby!!! Call the papers!

img0151mediumaw2.jpg

img0152mediumgv7.jpg

img0154mediumdw7.jpg

img0155mediumdw2.jpg

At some point a bunch of sheysters (Paya, RJ, Hof, Robc ["So I've heard"], Gordo and his sidekick) showed up to meet Phil on the causeway. We were going to go over and visit but we were getting fish, and the shade and cold beer was too much to walk away from

img0140mediumad1.jpg

They finally came over to our site to meet-up for a short fishing session. It was good to meet you guys and poop chat, albeit for a short period of time.

img0156mediumqb9.jpg

img0158mediumwj6.jpg

Seperated at Birth perhaps?

img0160mediumtc4.jpg

Dinner!

img0161mediumtt3.jpg

img0165mediumpv2.jpg

img0163mediummy8.jpg

More fish...

img0164mediumlv0.jpg

img0162mediumyi5.jpg

img0166mediumzz0.jpg

And that's all I remember from Saturday night, I crawled into the tent after over 36 hours of straight fishing, my body shut down.

Phil is a maniac, he packed up sometime during the night and drove home. He was up at least as long as I was, I don't know how he does it

Day 2!

Definately much slower in terms of the fishing, but we got a few once the sun came up...Goran kicked things off with a good representation of the average size of the majority of the fish...

img0167mediumnr4.jpg

This fish had a damaged mouth, obviously from a hook. We did have a lot of 'hook-pulls' where we lost fish, and interestingly Jeff @ the Long Sault motel was saying the same thing he has been experiencing this year.

img0168mediumce3.jpg

img0169mediumkx7.jpg

img0171mediumcn1.jpg

img0172mediumah5.jpg

And you guys thought Boaters only crowded you when you were in a boat!

These idiots drifted right through the swim like 3 times before we almost hit their boat with corn chum and they took the hint... :eek:

img0174mediumqh6.jpg

img0175mediuman7.jpg

img0176mediumce2.jpg

img0177mediumhc3.jpg

img0178mediumzp6.jpg

img0179mediumnl4.jpg

img0180mediumig4.jpg

img0181mediumpz9.jpg

Like this trip I'll have many stories to tell, but none will compare to the one this Chipmunk will be telling his pals about for the rest of it's life! :D

"There had to be 10000 kernels of corn, I was sitting on top filling my cheeks!"

img0184mediumco8.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!

Tony

Now that was a great read! I enjoyed that very much even though I'm not a carp angler... It's reports like that that spark interest in the subject.

Nicely done MJL! I'll keep an eye out for you next time I'm at the Islands.. I'll politely pick your brain then.

tight loops

HD

P.S. Hey Tonyb, you're mondo bizarro.. MJL and myself, including pretty much all carpers here on OFC, have seen that report a month ago. Why on earth would you add your report on someone elses?? If this was my report, I'd stick it to ya. Shame..

Edited by Highdrifter

It's relavant Highdrifter, that's all. Carp anglers are a social bunch that share information, spots, and experiences, tactics etc.

A lot of people don't click external links in posts, so I figured I would add the pics directly into the message. I just had to split them because there were so many...in retrospect, I should have done that initially with my own report.

My intent was to add to the viewing pleasure of those interested in a Carp report, sorry it came across the wrong way to you.

Tony

P.S. What exactly do you mean when you say I'm mondo bizarro?

It's relavant Highdrifter, that's all. Carp anglers are a social bunch that share information, spots, and experiences, tactics etc.

A lot of people don't click external links in posts, so I figured I would add the pics directly into the message. I just had to split them because there were so many...in retrospect, I should have done that initially with my own report.

My intent was to add to the viewing pleasure of those interested in a Carp report, sorry it came across the wrong way to you.

Tony

P.S. What exactly do you mean when you say I'm mondo bizarro?

Meaning out of whack, out of the ordinary. Being social has nothing to do with it. Pardon me if I seem opinionated, but I'm a leo. If this was my report, I'd take it personally and feel that you'd be over-stepping it by doing something like that. Wouldn't you? No harm done though, the writer of this thread doesn't seem to mind. You're a kewl guy and I have total respect, but that last one kinda threw me for a loop I must say.

Interesting...I haven't been insulted and complimented at the same time ever. ;)

Being social has everything to do with it, it's a key ingredient that makes fishing FUN. Life is too short to take things personally (especially on an Internet forum) and not have fun in everything you do.

Hope to see you on the water, you gotta try modern Carp fishing too if you haven't already.

Tony