Trolling Motor help need info

addict

a friend of mine has a minnkota turbo pro 712 power drive trolling motor.42lb thrust 45 inch shaft.its missing the foot control and the power plug connector.looked on the internet for info.i believe the model is from 1992,and i think it is a 12volt system because it only has 2 power cables black for ground and red for juice.want to now more about this thing to find out if its worth my time and money,he said hed sell it for 50-100 bucks if i can use it.want to know if theres a way to test if it works and where can i find a foot control and power cord.also are the power drve models as good and easy as the cable drive ones.my friend has a maxum cable drive and its sweet easy to deploy use and its durable but there pricey.im cheap and pondering over the old one any and all info would be handy thanks.

While it might look good on the surface. The plug assy and the foot controller for a 15 year old unit is going to be hard to find and more than what it will be worth. After 15 years the technology has improved so much that it will be heavier and slower than you want. Added all together you will have about half the amount of money into the antique as a new nice basic model that will give you many years of life.

Art

you guys are right.this would have been a quik fix,but the money tied up in in would pay for part of the new one.just cant afford the new one this season and i cant fish another day in my rig without a motor cant wait till my friend gets back from the rock and i can fish in his rig till i ge mine.was looking into the edge bow mount line up anybody got feed back on these,from my understanding they are the meat and taters not as fancy as the maxum series.