My vacation ( week 2)

keram

Well, it took me one more week to post about my second part of vacation, but finally here it is.

After first week on the shore of Baptiste lake we went home for one day to " recover" :D. Then next day I've hooked up our tent trailer and drive back to the same area ( about 50 km apart ). We've set the camp on the shores of Lake Kamaniskeg. After lazy couple days :thumbsup_anim: in grocery store we've met our old friend. He was at his cottage and invited us to join him. So next day we are on the way. After about 30 km on the back roads (sometimes asfalt, mostly gravel ) we've arrived at the gate. He is waiting for us. From the gate there is another few km through the woods

med_gallery_186_32_19303.jpg

I've almost hit a tree after seeing this :lol:

gallery_186_32_108853.jpg

At the end ( about 30 min drive),we've arrived at what I call Heaven ( no pictures - I will explain leter )

There is beautiful log cottage on the rock, overlooking small private lake

med_gallery_186_32_82037.jpg

My daughter waiting for the big one

med_gallery_186_32_103798.jpg

No electricity ( solar panels on the roof), no phone.

And this small lake :worthy:

It was stocked with trout, bass and walleyes. Inside the cottage there are some pictures of some bigger catch (two 35" rainbows, 30" walleye, 8 LB 6oz bass, :clapping: )

All caught from one of this canoes

med_gallery_186_32_4379.jpg

The deepest hole is 120', and the ice fishing is unbelivable :thumbsup_anim: . I'm "Booked" already :thumbsup_anim: .

We've spend three afternoons/evenings at this place and I'm getting ready for fall and winter trips.

I've lots of pictures of this place, but I've decide not to post them for two reasons:

First of all I do not have permission ( I did not ask ) from the owner, secondly this place was "raped" twice in last few years. First poachers with gill nets cleaned this lake of every fish bigger then 12", then there was a brake in, almost every piece of funiture, glass, all contents were destroyed ( even couple of frying pans were found in the lake). It is sad, because I would like to share with you my experience, but at the same time I do not want to provide any info in regard to the location of this place. Like I've said, for me it is HEAVEN

Wow, from the pictures you posted it does look like heaven. Its really too bad about the fish netting and the break in :( I don't know what is wrong with people. Karma will come and get them.

Great report Keram.

Joey

how long of a drive did you have to do from oshawa before you got there?

about three hrs on the main roads, then I even do not remember :dunno::w00t:

Do you know if the gill netters and robbers were apprehended?

No, they were not ( it was "just only fish" in one case :angry: , and "you got insurance" in the other :angry:)