2 reports in 1

ribak

Hey guys, been a while since i was on this.

About a month ago, I was asking people regarding scottsmans point on buckhorn lake, as i was going up there with a couple friends. well i never got a change to write a report, but here it is.

I was only up for 3 days, and we rented a boat for 24 hours from 4pm until 4pm the following day. We decided to go for a couple hours that night, i wish i could have gone for a while longer, but being the only fisherman out of the group, it was hard enough to convince them to go for the couple hours. Well we fished the bay just to the left of the point, first getting a couple small largies and perch on spinners and husky jerks in about 8-10 fow, nothing to brag about. Then we decided to try the deeper water for some smallmouth/walleye, and after getting a couple smallies under a pound, i got a nice 3.5 pounder on a black spinnerbait. That was it for the night. That fish being 17.5 inches was 0.25 inches short for the weekly best for bass in the resort, which i guess wasnt too bad. The next day we got up at 5, and fished until around 11, getting probably about a dozen largies up to 1.5 pounds, with my friend getting his first fish of his life, being a scrappy 1lb bass, he was obv. happy. I kept trying for musky the whole morning, going after my first one, but didnt even get a follow, ah well, next time i guess. That was it for our fishing, as it seemed useless to fish from shore, plus bbqing and drinking took up the rest of the evening/following day.

Then this past long weekend, I made it up to bancroft, to help my parents out with the annual mineral show, and do some fishing/camping with family and some family friends. We made it out twice fishing. First one was a late evening (6pm-8pm) trip to baptiste lake, being a completely waste of time, as we were only able to get sunfish/rock bass/perch with nothing too interesting. Then on saturday night after the show (at 7pm) we went to a lake in wilberfoce, which has a decent population of bass and lakers, but being from shore we obv. targeted bass. Surprisingly using worms, the action was non-stop. In 2 hours of fishing, we caught about 50-60 bass, and 20 or so perch/rock bass, with many bass being in the 2lb range. The biggest was a nice 3.5 pounder. What was interesting, which I noticed in the past number of years in this particular lake, is that at around 8;30, bass completely stop biting for 10 minutes, and then rock bass start biting non-stop!! i guess the darkness kicks in, and rockies with their crazy eyes get into the action. We k ept about 10 fish, and cooked them with potatoes and onions wrapper in aluminum in hot coals, making for a very nice dinner.

I did not get any pictures from bancroft/wilberforce, however my buddy has some pics from buckhorn, but really taking his time putting them on his computer. I will post them once he sends me them.

Good fishing to all

Mike