Paul Potts - NF

bigfish1965

Paul made the semi-finals where he sang 'Time to Say Goodbye'...again he brought the house down..

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<hr>

Paul then performed the full version of 'Nessun Dorma' for the finals....

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<hr>

The following night was the awards ceremony...and the winner is...

Paul performs for the Queen of England and released his first CD "One Chance".

Within a week, Pauls CD reached number one in England and is on pace to break all records for a debut album (it is currently selling more albums than the next nine combined). He has been credited with introducing millions of younger people to Opera and millions of people who may have not ever had a reason to listen to it.

He is just now gaining fame and recognition in Canada and the US with his album released here last week and it previewed at number 10.

So how will all this money and fame affect a cellphone salesman? We'll soon see.

I am introducing a 'Remember Paul Potts' program at work...designed to get our managers to realize we may have incredibly gifted people selling cell phones when they should be singing opera...if only we take the time to look...except we don't sell phones..but you get the idea.

He has even got his teeth fixed!

Nice to see the write up Rick, I hardly ever get involved in voting on television shows but the guy moved me so much I couldn't help myself I voted all 3 times only got through 2 times as the lines were jammed solid and you only had about 15 minutes to register your vote.

He went from zero to hero as soon as he opened his mouth, it was brilliant to see made the hair on the back of my neck stand up nice for the good guys to get a result didnt know he had got his teeth fixed, that was one of the things that made him such a hit, you could tell from some of the interviews he gave that he had a hard time at school and with life in general, I hope the bullies who gave him such a hard time are choking on their words / deeds.

Great stuff

The reaction to this guy has been phenomenal, right from the first phrase he sang. Great to see Simon Cowell slack-jawed.

I think I will have to see 'Tosca', Jack Puccini's #2 show when it is staged this winter in Toronto. I will have Mr. Potts to thank.