Lake Eugenia last night

Jay T

I was finally able to afford to get my boaters licence after the ticket I got for not having it. So I went out last night at about 7pm got set up with my trusty top water popper, on and first cast got a 1lb smallie. Seen one of my buds out there went over to say hi and took a quick cast near a cluster of rock and BANG 2 1/2lb smallie :thumbsup_anim: . I had to laugh he was fishing that area before I pulled up, and he didn't get a bite. Then we both went on about our fishing and he nails a nice lm on a buzz bait about 3lb. After that he took off home. I went to a few other spots and switched up to a mini torpedo and caught 6 more lm and sm bass nothing huge but still was a fun night. Lost another nice sm at the boat about 2 1/2lb also.

Sorry no pics, I was in a rush and forgot my camera. All were put back to fight for another day.

The lake has had a lot of pressure on it in the past month, lots of boats out there during the week and weekends. Makes it hard fishing when that much pressure is on them fish.

Over all it was a good night for the 1 1/2 hrs that I was able to get out and enjoy catching some fish again :clapping:

Jay

Topwater bassing!!! Sounds like FUN!!! I have been to Eugenia about a dozen times in the past, and maybe caught about 5 smallies altogether, otherwise all largemouth bass. Perhaps I should target them next time when I'm on the lake. Thanks for reporting. Good fishing.

P.S. I always carry one of those cheapie disposal cameras in my tackle bag as a spare...just in case.

Funny you mention that Outdoorsman,

My girlfriend and I just got back from a Sun-Tues Lake Eugenia outing....

The bite was tough but, once I started throwing my mini-torpedo.... I was able to land some bass from the causeway Sun and Mon. Tuesday was a write off. I was only able to land 1 bass from the dam.

I went through all my spinners, cranks, plastics, and live worms and got nothing but little critters. The mini-torpedo on the causeway was the magic for this outing.

We saw so many Trout and bass right in front of us but they just werent biting. It seemed that they were more into watching us than having a snack. Nothing worse than having all those nice big fish taunting you and refusing to bite. :wallbash:

I bet Sep/Oct is prime time for that lake and I cant wait to go back.

Yeh ADC the bite is real tough, you got to work hard and cover a lot of water. The popper was working for me at first, but I think it was doing more harm than good, but once I put that little torpedo on dam thing works like a charm every time. I have caught so many nice bass on that lure.

Are fishing from shore?

Let me know if you are coming up to Eugenia.

Outdoorsman,

Ya, we fish from shore (causeway and dam) because I dont have a boat. (sigh)

I guess we could have rented one from where we stayed (Hawthorn) but, we just wanted to fish from shore because the last time we rented a boat we didnt catch anything and the motor kept getting weeded up....

So when you ask me if Im coming up... is this an invite to come out on your boat ? hahahaha

Because if it is... I am more than willing as its only an easy 1hr & 1/2 drive as Im in Toronto and I really do love that area. (best Poutine from the lady in the truck on hwy 4 and burgers from the restaurant by the dam)

Im trying to decide what Im going to do this weekend as I want to fish either Sat or Sun and my girl friend still doesnt know if she is working or not.

Are you going to hit the water this weekend on Eugenia?

ADC, I am going to Lake Vernon in huntsville this weekend for some good pike and bass fishing. Maybe another weekend just pm me and see if we can arrange something. No internet at home, only at work.

Oh yeh that chip truck is yummy

Scugog-iceman, yeh there is trout in there still just hard to catch, I caught a 3lb trout last spring.

ADC, I am going to Lake Vernon in huntsville this weekend for some good pike and bass fishing. Maybe another weekend just pm me and see if we can arrange something. No internet at home, only at work.

Oh yeh that chip truck is yummy

Scugog-iceman, yeh there is trout in there still just hard to catch, I caught a 3lb trout last spring.

Sounds good to me Outdoorsman,

I also only have internet at work (thought I was the only one! haha)

Next time Im in need of a fishing partner I will without a doubt send you a PM a few days before.

cheers and good luck in Huntsville!