Lovesick Lake?

Doctrt

Has anyone every fished Muskies on Lovesick Lake before. I'll be at the cottage on the weekend at Stoney and would like to check it out. I've been meaning to do so for a while now. Any info would be great because as it stands, I'm flying blind.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Great spot.

Stayed at the Heartbreak Hotel there.

Try some senkos under the Weeping Willow by the bridge of despair.

O.k. never been there. Good luck though.

Here is some info from an article though:

link:FOREST HILL LODGE

I have fished Lovesick for many years, caught hundreds of muskies there, and cannot remember a single incident that detracted from my enjoyment. The lake is beautiful, the fishing is good and the people I have met have been most pleasant.

I was originally attracted to Lovesick by the facilities and people at Forest Hill Lodge (great food and cedar boats). I also discovered that the fishing is better than my previous lake (Upper Buckhorn) and that the size and location of Lovesick make it less likely to get rough in windy weather. We have seldom been unable to fish Lovesick.

We usually fish Lovesick in early June and mid July. We used to fish in late September but those can be too cold for us.

The lures we use are not as large as some might think, but we cast and retrieve all day so we cannot use the really big plugs. Small spinners and bucktails work well for us. We have caught many large fish on small lures. Since I do my shopping at flea markets the lures I use most are pikie-minnows, vamps, mustangs, swim-whiz and mepps spinners. I know nothing of modern lures.

Trolling is permitted on Lovesick, but is seen by some as a less than honest way to catch a fish and therefore should be reserved for use by young boys, old men and pregnant women.

I sometimes troll.

For gear we use medium to heavy casting rods about 5ft long, with Ambassador 5000 series reels. We use monofilament line of at least 20 lb test. Some fishermen use wire leaders, I do not.

The best advice I can give a beginner is to keep the lure moving quickly and if you look down from your boat and do not see weeds, you are in the wrong place.

Edited by SNAG