took my son out

fatherof3

My six year old son wanted to go to the trout farm like his big brother so today was the day. After 5 minutes dad had his fish, now it was time to get my son one. He was not having any luck with his worm and bobber so I started throwing a spinner out and told him he could real in whatever I get. I get one on and hand him my rod. He manages to get the trout to the shore before it spits the hook out. I told him I would try again. Next cast of course another fish on. Same thing, hand him the rod and he starts realing. This fish starts jumping,taking out line and did not want to come in. I ended up helping him hold the rod and he got it in. He was so proud and the fact that his fish was bigger than daddy's made it that much better for him.It's really nice to see him get so excited like that. The only problem was that he wanted to bring it home as a pet and not eat it. It was also very funny watching his face as the guy gutted and cut the head off. Anyway, just thought I would share a fun afternoon. Here is a pic of the two fish, his is the bigger one.200707281540.jpg

What a great story! I get a bigger kick seeing my 5 year old pull out panfish than I do catching fish myself. One day when she asked what was for dinner and we said fish, she slowly turned around, looked at our aquarium and began counting fish...LOL.

Glad you had a great day...the fish look great, but the smile on your sons face must have been priceless.