Weather patterns

blaque

Has anyone been watching the doppler for the last 3 days. Its strange, but the normal west to east flow of the doppler radar has been actually swirling almost in a counter clockwise direction and the swirlingmasses are traveling in a northwest or westerly direction? WInds out on Erie were coming out of the north over most of this past weekend also which made the lake more tolerable than our usual winds out of the west sweeping across teh lake and making a virtual rollercoaster out there. Just an arbitrary discovery over the last few days. Are these nor-easter patterns were seeing?

You may have to start looping the link to animate the radar, and this isnt as good an example as mondays pattern, but still , its there

Doppler

Oh, and let me try and at least make this fishing related lol.......has this had any affect on anyones fishing outings lol

Edited by Blaque

It's actually a retrograding (moving backwards) low pressure system similar in movement to tropical system.

It actually stabilizes or stagnates the weather as it goes against the grain. No big rain or storm however.

In conjunction with the full moon phase this weekend in theory there should be good fishing.

Some decent reports last couple of days.

cheers,

ehg

Well I for one hope your right about Erie being fishable as I have plans to fish it Saturday, Sunday and Monday!

The cause of this unusual weather is a low pressure cell that is located high in the atmosphere and has been sitting over that Lake Erie/southern Ontario area for a week or more!

If it is indeed the culprit making Erie more fishable, I hope it hangs around a little longer! :clapping::whistling:

HH

Thanks Guys, So im not crazy lol

Amen Headhunter........Erie has been angry all summer man! This past weekend was the first in a while that i could get out and fish comfortably and actually stand up without getting a windshield corner jammed into my ribs, or a face full of water driving into the rollers lol. Lets hope August brings calmer winds

Good luck this weekend

Edited by Blaque

From the radar it looks like the wind is howling but radar only shows rain and smog not air movement, if you go to the analysis chart there is hardly a breeze in that area and a east wind to the east of the rain, the wind will shift from south east.

Forget about the radar and check out the analysis charts if you want to predict the weather.