Lake St. Clair & Grand River report

derekadam

Got out on LSC last weekend while home visiting the family and the Grand yesterday so this is a combined report.

Out on LSC we were working our usual spots in between Pike Cr. and the Puce River, water was a bit chopy but the fish were biting as usual. I find that especially when trolling bottom bouncers a little chop gives the bait some real nice action. Below are the largest of about 8 smallies that we boated.

DSCF2510.jpg

DSCF2512.jpg

Just as we were about to call it a day my cousin Keith gets a fish on. Out on my little brothers boat we rotate so that everyone has an equal chance at landing fish, and it just happened to be my turn. As Keith is handing me the rod he says that he doesn't think it's a bass by the way it hit, maybe a Walleye. Never caught an eye before so I was pumped. As soon as he hands it over the fish starts ripping line. Little bro is behind be telling me to tighten the drag, but he can't feel this fish pull so I ignore him. After a great fight that lasted a little more than 5 minutes the fish finally surfaces. My first muskie!!! Measured 35" and we figure 10-15lbs, maybe the musky guys on here can help me speculate on its weight.

DSCF2516.jpg

Released after only 20-30 secs out of the water. All fish we caught on worm harnesses baited with minnows trolled on bottom bouncers.

DSCF2518.jpg

The fish on the Grand were much smaller of course, but I love being out on the water on a day like yesterday nonetheless. I'm fairly new to the Grand but the water seems very low, I remember being out there this time last year and there seemed to be a lot more water and a lot more fish. We managed 3 small bass using mostly small spinners.

DSCF2590.jpg

DSCF2594.jpg

Next weekend it's back to LSC and hopefully a new PB muskie!!

d