Fishing Trent River??

Black_Blade

You will find the water is a little low around there right now. In the day you will get Bass and maybe a Muskie. At night try fishing at the different locks for walleye. I was in Campbellford last Sat and I have been fishing the different locks for years.

Good luck

thanks for the info guys...I don't really have any equipment for muskie...other than my baitcaster has 30 pound PowerPro on it. Maybe I'll grab one of those big Mepps Muskie spinners at CTC and some wire leaders.

Have yet to attempt for Walleyes...I got a ton of lures but most are more suitable for bass (alot of soft plastics and spinnerbaits, etc)

We will be camping at Ferris Provincial Park, I'll have my 14' Sportspal and motor.

Spinnerbaits...I have several of those type that have the R bend in them.....man but they are a PITA....I much prefer the ones with complete twisted eye on them. The R type almost always mess up, so ya end up with a wasted cast. I have put little rubber O rings on the R to prevent this, but just thought I'd rant about them :)

Spinnerbaits...I have several of those type that have the R bend in them.....man but they are a PITA....I much prefer the ones with complete twisted eye on them. The R type almost always mess up, so ya end up with a wasted cast. I have put little rubber O rings on the R to prevent this, but just thought I'd rant about them :)

Just tie the line direct to the wire I think that was supposed to be the idea.

I put a treble stinger hook on my Storm Wild Eye Swim Shad Spinner bait(had 2 pike jump off on me at the boat), so I will be trolling with that puppy for sure. I have an assortment of other crankbaits and have uploaded a pic of them. I will prolly have all of them on my line at one time or another this weekend, but would love any feedback on what may be the better bet for the Trent in the area around Ferris Prov Park.

Crankbaits__Small_.jpg

No trolling expedition would be complete without dragging some trolling spoons as well of course!

Edited by Black Blade

Just down the river from the park is 4th line, Hagues Reach. It is a boat lock. At night cross the lock and fish off the cement wall. Also above the lock is a good bass area. Further down the road is Empire Cheese factory. If you like cheese you have to stop in.

For a day trip drive up hwy 30 to Trent Village. Go up stream beside the big weed bed. Good chance of a muskie in there as well as walleye.

Have fun.