Miller Lake Bruce county - Review SummerHouse

LeXXington

Hi All:

From all the great information provided I thought I would give a full review for others.

Review - The Summerhouse - http://www.summerhousepark.ca on Miller lake.

The launching facility and "Marina Office" were top notch service with a smile, Dockage for the week was $50.00 for a good slip (no electric that I could see) Well worth the price,

The boat house contains a map of the lake with recommended spots for Bass, pike and Pickerel.

You can purchase bait and basic fishing equipment there.

The camp store is well stocked with all amenities and prices are a little high but hey that’s camping,

The main beach is full sand and well groomed.

Over all camp is above average in most aspects.

The website does have a little bit of not false advertisement but more misleading information.

We stayed at the Sandpiper cottage, the absolute best location you can have, right on the water, spectacular views, If you were to go here, try to get this cottage.

It lists 2 bedrooms its, more 2 bedrooms with a divider wall (the wall does not extend too the ceiling)

The 2 piece bath is a camper port-a-potty with a sink, in a Small room.. How small you ask :) you can wash your face in the sink with sitting on the port-a-potty.

The Grill, is a grill you need to provide all char coal, etc.. Buy it before coming its a big grill and to get enough going you burn it quick

There is a TV with Sat reception.

The lighting in the cottage is very limited, sometimes you dropped stuff in the bedroom and needed a flashlight to find it.

Overall a rustic cottage.

My cousin stayed at the Mersenger Hideaway.

The hideaway is located on the main cottage road, with the fire pit and picnic table facing the road, Be prepared to hear, cars, trucks and traffic. This cottage is on a slight hill with very loose gavel, Cars spin there tires, kids wipe out etc. All day expect to say hi to everyone walking by to the main beach, and the view of the water is through the tree's --- other than that same as above. DO NOT STAY AT THIS COTTAGE.

The other cottages are a 50/50 on location some great others with a 10 foot vertical drop too the water, not good for small kids but great view.

The main showers by the cottages are in dire need of service,

2 stalls,hope your not looking for privacy,

A bench that needs paint or replacing

Water that goes super hot, ice cold, super hot without any help (careful with kids)

Shower heads that have not been serviced since the 60's..

Its sad cause it looks like they retiled the are recently but stopped ??

Now what you are looking for lake Miller information.

If your going there for Walleye, cause they "stocked the lake" you will be disappointed, yes they are in the lake as I got a small fry in my minnow trap, but for catching one they are far and few between.

Now for pike and bass, excellent fishing with a good chance of getting a few each night. The lake is relatively clean with very little weedy patches.

Lots and lots of rocks structure, island, and drop offs, great lake for bass,

There are small pan fish but not in great numbers.

The rocks sometime just appear in the middle of no where some are marked others are a few feet down, until you know the area keep a sharp look out.

The web site listed this site as * Rated 5 star for recreation / 4 star for facilities.

I would give it a 3 star for recreation

~ great park for the kids

~ great other activities.

~ bad part expensive to rent any extra activities.

I would give it a 2 star for Facilities.

~ Showers / bathrooms need updated

~ Cottages need some TLC

~ Expensive for what you get or expect.

~ good rustic retreat

And a few pics :)

gallery_106_92_2898.jpg

med_gallery_106_92_65687.jpg

med_gallery_106_92_36192.jpg

med_gallery_106_92_49511.jpgmed_gallery_106_92_30726.jpg

Edited by LeXXington

I was just there for the Canada Day long weekend. I wasn't able to find any charts of the lake. The lake is reasonably deep in the middle, but if you have a boat, be very careful near shore as there are lots of big rocks. I launched my boat at one of the many water access points between the cottages and as I was coming back to pull the boat out of the water, I dinged my prop on a rock. Needless to say I wish I had searched out a proper boat launch.

Fishing for the few days we were there wasn't the greatest - it was pretty chilly and windy, but we did manage to land four 2-3 lb smallmouth (all on worms, C&R), hooked but failed to land a 3+ smallmouth, and had a good sized pike snap my wife's line. I'm told that the lake also has walleye but we did not find any of those.

Good luck and have fun.

i went there years ago. was only on the lake for 3 or 4 hours. directly out from the resort (i don't know the name, sorry) near the opposite shore got a decent 2 - 3 lb smallmouth, and something else broke me off, probably a pike. and i got a decent walleye drifting with a worm on bottom out in the middle of the lake. i've only been there the one time, sorry i can't help any more.

• 2 weeks later...