boating license

silvio

When do you need the Card?

IMMEDIATELY Operators of motorized watercraft under 4m *

IMMEDIATELY Operators of personal watercraft (i.e. Jet skis) *

IMMEDIATELY Operators born after April 1, 1983 *

Sept 15, 2009 All operators*

Gerritt.

Enlighten me please. Do I need a boating liscense for this years trips to Canada???? I always bring my own boats.

I'm pretty sure only residents need the lisence, but don't quote me on that. I'm sure one of our southern friends would know.

Ok now you can quote me :D From boaterexam.com

"All Canadians are now required by federal law to carry a boating license when operating a powered water craft under 4m in length. Those born after April 1, 1983 require a license for any sized water craft. To receive this boat operator license, you must pass a multiple choice exam with a score of at least 75%."

"Q. What if I don't live in Canada, but boat there?

A. Non-residents only need to obtain a Pleasure Craft Operator Card if they are operating a powered boat in Canadian waters for more than 45 consecutive days (this includes rented boats) or if the boat they are operating is registered or licensed in Canada. Boater Education Cards or equivalent certifications are recognized in Canada. Proper identification should be kept on board at all times to provide proof of residency."

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

i duno which one is better or what not... but I'm going for boaterexam.com, as they have a lucky draw for anyone registering for the boat exam now... top prize is a Lund boat, with motor, trolling motor, trailer, fishfinder. Ok, chance is probbably slim but I can only hope!!!