Fishing spots while traveling to Nakina

Hi folks, I'm traveling to Nakina to stay at Esnagami lake this summer with my 8 year old boy.  Looking to stop somewhere between kapuskasing and Hearst for a night and would like to do some offshore fishing on one of the rivers in the area.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and tight lines.

If I can make a suggestion....take the hwy 17 route through Sault Ste Marie to Nakina. Assuming you're coming from the GTA, it's only about an one hour longer than hwy 11 through North Bay (15 hrs vs 14 hrs). However, it's infinitely more interesting. The stretch between SSM and Wawa is probably one of the most scenic roads in Canada between Cape Breton and the Rockies. Plenty of rivers that have Brook Trout through there...Chippewa, Pancake, Speckled Trout, Agawa, Sand, Old Woman, Michipicoten...just need to hike in a bit from the hwy to the better spots. Be sure to stop at Voyageur's Lodge in Batchawana Bay for Lake Superior smoked Whitefish and awesome homemade apple fritters...makes for a great picnic at the falls on the Sand R. or on Old Woman Bay. The White Fang Motel in Wawa is a good spot to hang your hat for the night.

Frankly, once north of Temagami, I personally find the hwy 11 route boring....flat and nothing but jack pine..

Edited by CrowMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, VictorLapko said:

Thanks, will be traveling back the Sault st Marie way as I want me an d my son to see the fabulous views,  any fishing spots u recommend? Thanks for reply very much appreciated.

Any of the rivers mentioned...I'll send you a pm.

• Like 1