Fishing out East (Ottawa)

Andrew

Hello,

This weekend I have to drive down to Ottawa and on my way back I'd like to do some fishing. Can anyone recommend any good places to stop? I'm not sure if I'll be going up Hwy 15 or 416 off the 401. I'm actually headed to Stittsville outside Ottawa. I won't have a boat so i need to be able to access it by foot...

Thanks,

Andrew.

Great spots to fish from shore around the West End of Ottawa would be....

Britannia Water Works.... park at the end of the road from Britannia Marina near the water plant and just walk out to the edge of the water and cast. Try using something that doesn't sink because it isn't that awful deep but does hold fish in the current.

If you don't mind a little drive I would recommend getting to Arnprior and fishing the bank of the Madawaska River . You never know what you will get into there, pike, walleye, muskie, big cats. Basically you want to get to the downtown core and watch for signs to the boat launch and then just park and fish off the shore there .... the water will fluctuate there due to them releasing water from the dam upstream and when the flow increases over the falls there the fish really turn on.

Good luck.