Lake Baptiste general advice?

Sketty55

Will be going up to Baptiste near Bancroft next week for the first time. I understand the primary species are pike and bass. Appreciate any general info or fishing reports that anyone would like to share. Thanks! 

28 minutes ago, Sketty55 said:

Will be going up to Baptiste near Bancroft next week for the first time. I understand the primary species are pike and bass. Appreciate any general info or fishing reports that anyone would like to 

My uncle had a place there for many years. It's been a while since I've fished Baptiste, but we always had better success going up through the channel (watch for stumps) at the west end and fishing Elephant Lake.  Drift and cast the large weed flats and the edges in the main basin for Bass. There used to be decent Walleye too, and some shots at Musky...but I hear the Pike have invaded and things have changed.

On Baptiste itself, most rocky points hold Smallies...we always had good luck with black hair jigs and craw imitating soft plastics. Didn't fish Ned Rigs back then, but those should work well in that water too.