Salmon fishing with the kids

speedtroll

My buddy Mike gave me a call Saturday to see if I was up for some fishing. I think he felt sorry for me as my boat has still not been out musky fishing this year. Just rebuilt the big motor and the kicker died the first time out. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Anyway, I had the kiddies so we all headed to Dalhousie Sunday morning. Wind was a little hairy to start and only got worse. <_< - :wallbash: - :stretcher:

It was the kids first time out on a big lake. They were really excited.

We toughed it out and I am glad we did. Mike was setting the first rod and a 5 lb bow smacked it before he had it set in the holder. Nicole got it in. :clapping:

We reset it and just set the second line in the rigger and a nice little 12 lb king did his best Mike Tyson impression. It was Chris's turn up. What a trooper. He told Mike that he could not reel any more but with a little encouragement he finished the job. :clapping: I almost ended up in the drink as a nice 6ft wave hit the boat just as I leaned over to net the fish. <_<

By this time I am really thinking God has a very large problem with me fishing for some reason.

Got that line reset and set a third in the rigger and it went off as we set the fourth line. I grabbed the rod just as another large wave hit and I slipped just as I set the hook and lucky me, no fish. <_<

By this time I decide to religate myself to stearing the bloody boat.

Hooked three more small salmon all within the first hour and 15 minutes and the waves had made Chris sick so we pulled up and headed for port. Not a bad way to spend a morning. we would have caught a lot of fish had we been able to stay. Marked a lot of fish and bait.

Hopefully Spiel can post the pics I sent him.

All in all can't argue with not being able to keep 4 rods in the water. I wish I could say that every trip.

Speed