Fish finder help

bowshep

Now that l have my enviromentaly friendly fishing troller (canoe) l am now needing a fish finder. Must be portible, must be able to mount with no screws, must have a its own power source and most important must be tard proof. Peace Ken (l still beleave that rebooting is kicking it again)

Pretty much all of the portable fish finders on the market have everything that your looking for.

I have had a portable eagle fish finder for years now, and it has worked great. I would recommend Eagle for just a standard fish finder.

If you want to get something a little on the higher end, I just picked up a Lowrance 522 iGPS unit. These are also fantastic! Has the fishfinder as well as a GPS system in it.

I am sure they have a portable GPS/sonar unit as well.

Hope this helps!

Humminbird has the Portable 535 or the colour model 585c.

Should set you back around $600 for the case, sonar, and materials to change the lantern battery set-up to rechargeable gel-cell batteries.

Tony

Hi bowshep,

I also fish/troll from a canoe and use the Eagle Fishmark 320P (around $300 in portable version). Self contained portable that works great for me. I guess if you are intending on adding a trolling motor you could select from a larger variety of FF running off the trolling battery. Personally I have enough to transport without adding a trolling motor and battery. :lol:

Enjoy your new rig.

Edited by Barnie's Band of Gold