Great day out with my brother (no pix)

Canoe2fish

I headed out yesterday with my brother whom I hadn't fished with in a year or two. We loaded up the canoe and hit a river near guelph in a spot where we almost never see anyone else. The new 33lb trolling motor I got for Fathers day made it so much better to get around.

My bro was on fire, boating about 8-9 smallies, one of which was in the 3 to 3.5 lb range. I only managed one good sized samllie in the 2 to 2.5lb range. I was playing around with the fly gear and streamers in the wider sections for the first time in the canoe. Had a few strikes, but no hooksets.

We noticed a big change in the river this year. In the past we usually get a few bass, and mostly pike. This time we didn't get or see one pike. It was mostly sunny & calm...the last few times we've been there it was overcast with a few light showers, so I'm assuming it was the weather. (?)

All in all, it was one of the best mornings there...and with absolutely no hardware lost! Best of all, I had time to reconnect with my brother.

Cheers all,

C2F

You were able to reconnect with your brother, caught fish AND no tackle was lost....that is a GREAT day! The pike...I am no way an expert on anything related to pike but I would think the weather was a factor.