Chandos Lake Help

Starcraft

So I've been to Chandos Lake a few times. Haven't been too successful except with a lot of small pike and small bass.

Anyway, my first question is, anyone have any tips for walleye? I don't really target them too often since I don't want to eat them, but I do like catching them and then dumping them back. I guess it's just the challenge. But this time it's just too challenging; I haven't even seen one yet. I do fairly well for Walleye when I go to Lower Buckhorn, but nothing so far at Chandos.

My other question is, for smallmouth and pike where are the lunkers? All my bass have been 1 lb and less and the pike have been like 3 lbs or less. The lake is really deep, a lot deeper than Buckhorn so maybe that's why I haven't been doing too well.

Btw, I had an account on this board a few years ago, the fishing kind of died down when I graduated and got into the workforce. Trying to start up again and not let work get in the way.

No walleye...Pike, SMB, LMB and laketrout

Go to the south part of the lake for pike, and also by the beach area. As for the bass, pretty much everywhere there are rocks.

hmmm... i swear the MNR site or one of my fishing books says that there are walleye at Chandos. maybe i read wrong.

anyway, thanks for the tips. heading up there next week