Als Adventures Kawartha Bass Report

spoonman

I finally had time to fish on the beautiful Kawartha Lakes for bass with some Clients of mine from the States. After an entire winter of waiting for bass, I rigged up about 10 rods with a variety of different weapons including some, buzz baits, spinner baits, Pig + Jigs, Tubes, and various plastic weed less baits. The weather was perfect with cold nights that created for those picture perfect steaming lake mornings. Top water was defiantly the game plan for the first couple hours. I managed to get a couple nice largemouth on the top water with some great boils to go with it. The keys to our success was fishing 3-8foot weedy heavy cover areas with buzz baits and, Rapala skitter pops in early morning.

Here are some pictures of some large mouth caught on the surface

DSC04380.jpg

DSC04377.jpg

Joel with his first Canadian Largemouth ever

DSC04383.jpg

Joel with another Largemouth

DSC04385.jpg

A nice Smallmouth Joel caught on a Jig right off a 15 foot weed edge

DSC04391.jpg

Katie with a nice Largemouth on the ultra light tackle

DSC04401.jpg

Katie with another nice Bucket mouth

DSC04405.jpg

We caught a handful of pan fish including some nice size blue gills, perch and crappie

DSC04409.jpg

Little ultra light tackle tournament, Joel hooked up on a small micro jig

DSC04414.jpg

As sun came up we ended fishing deeper weed edges and fishing a lot of pockets with jig + pigs. Later in the afternoon once the bite was slowing down, we turned too the ultra light tackle for non stop action. It was a great time, and I will be back out for the Start of the Great Ontario Salmon Derby this weekend.

Cheers

Al

www.alsadventures.ca