Bird Lake Info - Muskoka

mason05

I'm heading to a cottage with my folks next week and looking for info on bird lake east of Bracebridge. What kind of species exist on the lake? Hoping for bass, pickerel and pike. If anyone's got some info or advice please pm me as this is my first trip to this lake. Hoping to borrow my buds sonar and strap it to the canoe to find some structure and get into some fish with the old man. Thanks in advance everyone. I'll have a report if I can figure this lake out...

Corn Nug

Edited by Corn Nug

I was at a friends cottage 2yrs. ago on that lake. It is littered with bass, no pickeral or pike that I am aware of though. It is a fairly small lake, I am not sure how deep it is, no finder. We were catching bass trolling Agilia/mepps spinners parallel to the shore about 40ft or so out. We would just circle the entire shoreline (1.5hrs to do it all) and every 5mins one of us would catch one, most were in the 1-2lbs range with the odd pushing 3lbs. There is a back bay off the one end of the lake, the area just before the mouth has lots of submerged boulders around it, good for fishing bad for props, in a canoe you should have no worries. Good luck.

Hi Corn Nug

I used to work with a guy who has/had a cottage on that Lake. He said the Bass fishing was great but I never heard

him mention Pike or Walleye. Secret maybe ???. If it's like any of the other small lakes on that stretch the Bass fishing should be as good as he said (and Lostchild said). I don't think you will have any problems figuring the Lake out. There are other Lakes close around there that are great too. PM me if you like, it's a great area for Bassin'.

Hookset.