finally something to report

fatherof3

My six year old wanted to go fishing today so I picked him up after school and off we went. We have not had very much luck lately so I decided to try a spot that I was told about by brifishrgy(thanks!). So we headed to the spot in Brantford and started. It was really hot with no wind so I didnt know how long we would be out. In about 2.5 hours the only fish caught was a little sunfish by my son. I told him we should head home when his bobber went under. I figured it was another sunfish under the fish exploded out of the water and started tailwalking. My son had hooked into a huge smallie! He finally got it in(with a little help) and it must of been upwards of 3 pounds. I couldnt believe it. He was so happy and grinning from ear to ear. After he released it we went home to eat. Sorry for lack of a picture but every time I have brought it we got skunked,go figure. We saw a lot of big fish jumping and surfacing but i think it was just too hot. Anyway, just thought I would share a great trip and say thanks for the tip.

Wow....a 3 pound smallie!! What a great surprise that must have been for the little guy! I know what you are saying about the camera.....it's same with me and bringing my net...LOL. If I bring the net, then I catch little stuff...haha.