kennymb

chapleau, top lake

Good afternoon, am cottaging in the chapleau area late summer for a week and wondering if anyone has any experience on "top lake" fishing? Have been unable to find any maps or anything with depths or structure. I know there are pickerel in there but not sure what else or where to start. any info on this lake or any others in the Chapleau area that have solid pickerel fishing in it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Kenny

Yeah, it might be tough to get info on that one. It's a good area though if you want to do some exploring, lots of lakes around.

I'd call the Chapleau MNR and ask them if they can help you with info on Top and the lakes in the area. I bet they would help.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• NF - Tree Top Trekking - Stouffville

Has anybody tried the tree top trekking in Stouffville? How was it?  Is there enough to do there to spend a few hours?  

in General Discussion

• Lake Erie news

https://www.cleveland.com/sports/2019/09/lake-erie-walleye-fishing-golden-era-officially-returns-with-record-catches-big-hatches.html?fbclid=IwAR3P1mOqmGyrKxIxkVGxqzzIuMM0PBf9VtSpsCG2vLfcQwBE8Tqyyzo2O24 https://www.cleveland.com/sports/2019/09/lake-erie-smallmouth-bass-biting-around-where-else-the-bass-islands-fishing-report-for-sept-13.html?fbclid=IwAR0Lgi7XAEMk-MYglH7LlDhAnkcMc3ZeuVJVrWMfQHkITI0NPaac-Z0jqcw Pelee Island on the north side was always known as a smallie destination too,

in General Discussion

• Workin' Down @ The Lake

I'm currently on week 2 of my extended summer vacation and have been hard on getting some cabin building done. First thing needed was a dry, shady and bug free zone to chillax in when the working was done.   Threw up this temporary shack in a weekend.   Now onto the cabin building segment. Took a lot longer than expected to layout the foundation. Drilled 1/4" holes in the granite to drop my nails into to run my string lines.   Then it was time to dri

in General Discussion

• Big Gull lake?

Hey folks, Renting a cottage on big gull this summer and had a question..    I know it has walleye in it and the usual players, but does it have a sizable musky population? The GF's father is wanting to target them.   We will be staying close to the town of Arden at Hyatts resort (former co-worker owns the place)    Any tips or tactics for fishing this body of water are appreciated!   G.

in General Discussion

• lake huron fish to buy ?

hello-- anybody know where i can buy SMOKED CHUB on the canadian side of lake huron ??? 

in General Discussion