Kayaking on Saturday

Dutch01

I got out to a Kawartha lake on Saturday. I typically don't go out in scorching weather but I wanted to get out in the kayak more before the year is out. My gf rented a kayak so she could join in.

I marked lots of fish suspending over deep water, but I couldn't get many to bite. On the lake I was on the deep water is mostly the nav channel so I got lots of practice dealing with big wakes. That probably didn't help the fishing. I did manage a few smallies and found a shady spot for a lunch Siesta. All in all a great day. Here's a few pics:

Picking up the rental:

J3JpE2.jpg

V4KDWE.jpg

Smallie

FHH2is.jpg

Lunch spot

KjT0wg.jpg

Edited by Dutch01

LOL Dutch, there is a channel off one of Lake Erie's bays here, maybe 100 - 150 feet wide, the bay has a state park in it, marinas, homes, launching ramps, and it's the only way in or out to the lake, parade grounds!

Nothing special to look at, maybe 1000 feet long with rip-rap on both sides, and the bass stack up in it at times, the boat traffic doesn't seem to bother them at all. Had to stay close to the rip - rap to stay out of boat traffic's way, but you had a cheering section when you boated a fish! LOL

Huh, I'll have to keep that in mind next time. Don't get me wrong, the "parade" had lots of good scenery. Just made for my own personal wakestock.

I'm not done yet, if this weather holds I'll be able to get out a few more times I hope. Then it's back in the boat for the rest of fall.