OT - Window Tint in Durham

KraTToR

I cannot help you with who does this in your area.

But here's something to keep in mind, when picking the darkness of the tint.

Any vehicle manufactured after Jan 1st 2017, cannot have after-market tinting that will block any more then 30% light from passing through.

Below is a quote from the regs.

This is rated and expressed as minimum 70% luminous (light) transmittance, or maximum 30% opacity.

From the back of the driver's seat rearward, windows can be completely blacked out; as long as there are external mirrors on both sides of the vehicle.

You are allowed to have the top 75mm of the front windshield darker then the 30% opacity; but that tint must not go below the "AS1" line. That's the etching in the glass. "AS" stands for Approved Safety glass and the 1 is the max legal tinting.

I had to buy a window tint meter as part of the required equipment to do safety inspections.

IMG_1402_zpstk8id9lx.jpg?t=1500824795

Yes a cop can pull your plates for this: if he wants to be an :asshat:

A fancy new truck; you'll get pulled over, if he can't see in.

Dan.

I live in Pickering and had mine done in Woodbridge, They did a great job.

Little shop that services ALL of the high end dealers in the area.

Elitetint.ca

They can do it in a few hours as long as you have an appointment. + its close to Basspro.

Price was very competitive,

Agreed. I'm getting the fronts tinted to match the factory tint on the back door and sliding window so it shouldn't be an issue.

actually, I'm not a fan of the deep tints as its makes for problems driving at night.

Fyi guys, most factory tints are not tints at all but dye in the glass. This means they block 0 uv. If money's not an issue throw "air 80" (clear tint) over the factory "tints" to block uv.

New Chevs are 20% in the rear glass (other brands are probably the same but I don't know for sure). I matched that on my front passenger windows and I haven't been pulled over yet.

I had a good experience with FX Auto In Markham.

Edited by Dutch01