Koshlong vs Boshkung

kickingfrog

Inlaws are generously putting up the extended family in a cottage for a week this summer. The short list is between Little Boshkung and Koshlong in mid-August.

For kids bass fishing which would you choose?

I know a little about Boshkung and nothing but what can be found on the net about Koshlong.

I'm leaning towards Koshlong because it is smaller and might have less boat traffic, I know small lakes can a zoo as well.

From past experiences this week ends up being a lot of short trips with my son, age 8, but fairly serious about his fishing... for an 8 year old, and maybe a trip or 2 with some others.

Just looking for general thoughts.

Lots of smallmouth in Koshlong. You can have a great day fishing rocky points and submerged logs for small/medium sized fish. The bigger ones - and there are bruisers in there - are tougher to find: pelagic, baitfish chasing smallies that are just as likely to be suspended above 100 FOW as they are to be hanging around rocky points.

Go out in the mornings, and you will likely have the lake to yourself. It's get busy with boats in the later afternoon/early evening.